Tuesday, January 18, 2011

SUCCESS STORY

Hi Jerry,

Happy new year. I have taken advice from you multiple times, but never wrote a success story. I hope to write it now..

I took your course in 2009 and immediately could capitalize the learning to make 16,500$ by the end of the year netting me a ~100% appreciation. However, in early 2010 I disbanded most of your lessons like keeping only 10% of your capital in any option, buying options with only 2 months into expiration, buying around earning etc..All the things you asked me to avoid and I lost 22,000$.. I took a hard look at my portfolio and decided that I lost because I forgot Jerry's lessons. So, in november 2010 I used your simple lessons and thanks to the coaching you provided, I made back 19,000$ in 2 months.

People might ask what did I do well.. I picked some tech stocks who benefit from the shift to cloud computing (F5, APKT) and some stocks around traditional manufacturing (DE) and some good retail stocks (FOSL, IMAX).
But the most important thing was I followed your lessons, I never allocated more than 10% of my capital, bought the options 3-4 months before expiration, not around earnings season etc..

My biggest failure was to buy GOOG and buying a lot expecting it to multiply my fortunes overnight.. That was wrong and I intend to follow your lessons for a safe and exciting investing for life.

Regds
Vinay

No comments:

Post a Comment