Monday, May 2, 2011

NO, I'M NOT DEAD!...BUT I FEEL LIKE I WAS CLOSE

My flu bug took a turn for the worse near the end of last week. I've spent the last few days trying to recuperate. I shut off my computer and cell phone and tried to rest. This should explain why I am a bit late in answering your emails. I'm feeling a bit better, but I am still pretty weak. I plan on holding all of my classes this week, although I still might sound a bit hoarse. I haven't been following the market since last Thursday (when I shut everything off), but the price action today looked very bearish. With the market up so many days in a row, this could be a signal that it might pull back a bit. I don't see a major correction on the horizon, but I will let you know if it starts to look more serious. With the possible threat of a new terrorist attach, a small correction could turn into a major one very quickly. This would be a good time to reduce exposure in the market. I don't think that I'll try to buy any puts on this expected pull back. The bulls have been too strong over the last few months. I'll probably wait for the pull back and then look for buying opportunities. This would fit my plan to ease my way back into the market after dealing with this flu. Just a quick note on silver (SLV)...the price action last week was getting very bearish...which was confirmed with the move down today. Silver could continue to drop, but it could also start to move wildly up and down. If it does this, it will be very difficult to trade. You will almost have to guess on what it will do next. I don't like those types of trades very much...kind of like earnings announcements. The easy money might have already been made on silver. Be very careful if you choose to continue trading it. I've seen people build nice gains during a run up only to turn around and lose it all when it comes back down. Over the next day or so, I will be posting several success stories on silver...many from my recommendation a few weeks ago. These success stories will not be a recommendation to go out and get into a silver trade right now. If I see a good trade down the road, I will post it on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment