Thursday, March 31, 2011

UPDATE

I apologize for the lack of posts this week. It has been a busy week for me. There really wasn't much more to add from my post last Friday. The market has been very strong and still looks like it will go higher. We could get some shorter term pull backs, but the pull backs should be viewed as buying opportunities until they start breaking back below support levels. I don't have any good trades to list tonight. I haven't been able to look through many charts this week and the S&P 500 is getting close to the 1344 resistance. FCX looks like a nice bullish pattern...however, the trend is still considered down. I really liked the bullish move on March 15th...along with the surge in volume that day. Keep a tight stop below the 50 day MA. The Dow could find some resistance here around 12,400. The Dow Transportation Index reached a new intra day 52 week high. As I've mentioned several times before, the Dow Transportation Index can often be a leading indicator for the market. If that's true here, the market should go higher. This is not a great area for new trades. If you are already in trades, you should stick to your trading plan. If you are on the sidelines, you should probably wait for the market to either pull back a bit or breakout to a new high.

No comments:

Post a Comment