Tuesday, September 22, 2009

BULL MARKET

Sorry for the lack of postings over the last few days. Not much had changed from my Wednesday (last week) posting so I figured I'd take a few days off. I'll try to make up for it today. Thank you for the success stories. Please keep those coming. It is the main reason why I do this blog. These stories help students see that this system does work. It also helps to motivate those that may not be putting in the necessary work to succeed. We are definitely in a bull market right now. Most of the traditional indicators have triggered. There are still some that want to wait for the Q3 earnings before they buy into it. We are nearing the next resistance area on the S&P 500 (around 1085 to 1100). There are a lot of nice patterns that I see out there. I will give you a rather long list of stocks to watch. I am tempted to encourage you to put more of your cash back into the market, but I am a big believer in Murphy's Law...it must be part of my Irish heritage. I know that as soon as I recommend you put more cash to work in the market, we will end up getting the big drop that I have been worried about over the last several weeks. Because of this, I won't be recommending that you put more cash to work in the market. I'm in a better position if you end up making less money than you could have...rather than losing more than you should. Before I start the new list, let's look at some of the past recommendations. I think CHK, APA, and APC still look great after their brief pull back. Those trends look like they will continue at least a bit longer. JRCC, BTU, MEE, and ANR have strong patterns in the coal sector. If SOHU stays above its 10 day MA and it gets back above today's opening price, there could be another entry into this trade if you missed the first one. IBM is also in a nice position for a new trade. Use a closing price below $120 as a stop loss. I still think if it holds $120 as support, it will take off from here...to at least $126. Any pull back on AAPL could be used as a reason to get in. It hasn't been pulling back much at all. I've noticed some very nice bullish ABC patterns in the Homebuilders sector. I like TOL, DHI, BZH, RYL, KBH, LEN, and PHM. Many of these patterns still need some confirmation, but a lot of them have pulled back to their 50 day MA and the 50 day MA is turning upward. I love the reward to risk in those types of trades. Other energy related stocks I like include DVN, NOV, EOG, CLR, HAL, DO, RIG, BEXP, ATPG, and CSIQ. In the Agricultural Chemical sector, I like MOS, AGU, and TRA. In the financials, I like the patterns on C and WFC. I also like several other financial stocks, but a lot of them need to pull back or retrace a bit before I would want to get in. I like the patterns on LVS and MGM in the Gaming sector. There is a nice triangle pattern on HLTH (wait for the breakout). I also like WDC, PMCS, ALTR, and INTC. Some stocks from my Market Trend Signal (www.markettrendsignal.com) scan include RDN, VCI, FUQI, JNY, ANN, SOA, SWKS, NTES, EJ, FFIV, ALK, and MDR. Make sure you use the trade management techniques I taught you in the course for some of these recommendations. I know there are a lot, but it has been about 5 days since I last posted. With the market pulling back a little, it has created some buying opportunities. Watch the market tomorrow. If we have any sort of sell off, wait for confirmation before entering any bullish trades. We don't want to buy while things are still falling. I like to buy when the stock is moving in my expected direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment