Thursday, January 14, 2010

DOLLAR STILL HOLDING SUPPORT

The dollar/commodity trade is still intact as the dollar holds its key support and commodities start to sell off. Most of the patterns I recommended on Monday still look good. Intel (INTC) will be the big topic of conversation tomorrow. They report earnings after the close and are expected to hit their numbers. I don't really want to play INTC directly. I like the semiconductor index (SMH) or other stocks within the sector. I like the pattern on MCHP (thanks Dangelo for that one). Both of these would move nicely if INTC beats expectations. I'm also starting to get bullish on RIMM. I'm bullish for the longer term (based on the weekly chart), but I'm starting to like the shorter term pattern. I'm going to go ahead and recommend this for a bullish trade....but with a tight stop below its 50 day MA. The trend (based on the 50 day MA) is flat, but I really like the reward to risk right here...and the longer term pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment