Friday, February 11, 2011

200 FOLLOWERS!!!

We just hit 200 followers! Another great milestone. Thanks everyone. I bought calls today on the VIX. If you look at a long term chart of the VIX, you will see that the $16 area has some strong historical support. Some of the biggest spikes have launched from this area. This doesn't necessarily mean that I think the market is going to crash. It could sell off if the problems in Egypt spill over to other Middle Eastern countries, but I'm using the VIX trade as more of a hedge for my other bullish trades. I also like put options on NEM and AEM...if they can get below their 10 day MA. The S&P futures are down about 6 points at the time of this posting. If that holds or worsens at the open, we could get another Friday like January 28th. That VIX trade might work out perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment