Thursday, October 1, 2009

GOING TO CASH

I'll have another update tonight. I wanted to get this in before the market closed. Unless we get a huge rally in this last half hour, we will close down about 150 points (on the DOW). The VIX has spiked to almost 28. Fear is entering into the market. This doesn't necessarily mean that the markets are going to crash. In fact, I think the uptrend is still strong enough that it should continue. The problem is that I don't see it continuing upward over the next week...or two. So...I would rather be in cash until I see a clearer direction. I might consider some put options on the market, but probably not today. I don't like to buy puts when the market has already made a big move down. I'd rather wait for a small rally and try to play the next move down...if there is one. We'll keep an eye on things over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment