Monday, May 10, 2010

SUCCESS STORY

Hi Jerry
It was a crazy day, and definitely an experience I won't forget for a while!! I had a small call on the S&P 500, which I sold at 1:57 PM eastern, cause it was going against me, and I decide that rally was not going to transpire, and then things went wild... I'm glad I had the opportunity to watch it all happen. Certainly a learning experience.
My Success story didn't happen on May 6, but rather on May 4/10... On April 27, I bought puts on the SPY, DIA, and QQQQ in the amount of $6000, and on May 5, just before the close I added another $8500. On Tuesday, May 6, at the close I sold all those puts, to realize a Gain of $16,000... Nice, and I was certainly happy with that!!
Now, on hind sight, and you know the rest of the story!! Yes I wish I had of hung on to those puts, and sold them exactly when the DOW was down 1000 points yesterday!!
I want you to know, that the courses were great, and I can't thank you enough for being an awesome teacher. I learned lots, and continue to learn every day. I look forward to your blogs every day, and when I don't see a post, I miss it. I always am curious to see what your view is and often trade on your advice. Thanks again, and I hope we all make some money in this market,
Lorne

No comments:

Post a Comment