Thursday, May 20, 2010

SUCCESS STORY

Thanks for the spy puts the other day. i'm up about 25% on those. My QQQQ puts aren't quite to the plus side yet, cause i bought some of those the day after the big drop.
I also bought AXP puts from the recommendation on the VI club after it dropped and closed below its 50SMA. After the close Fri, they were around 50-60% profit--i think. I bought it on the options express account, and haven't logged into it yet to check it.
I ended up getting triggered on two spy puts i had for a $930 profit(150%) the Thursday of the big drop. That's the largest profit i've had since i started trading options. They got triggered literally seconds before the market went haywire. when that happened , i watched bid prices go from the 7.00's to 2.15 and ask go to $200,000 for the strike price i had durring the market tanking. I wonder if that triggered someone's stop loss even with the stock decreasing??? after i saw that, i went in and cancelled all my bracket orders to keep a stop from getting triggered on the drop (all i had were puts no calls), and i just watched with a mental profit exit. I was a little dissapointed to start with that my spy Puts got triggered, but after seeing a 400 point gap up the next week, i'm glad i stuck to my plan which you taught so well during your class--THANKS!!!
anyway hope you have a good weekend, and looking forward to reading your blog postings next week!!
Thanks,
Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment