Wednesday, July 6, 2011

UPDATE

Not much that I like right now. I missed much of the move last week when I was recovering, but I probably wouldn't have trusted it much anyway. By the end of the week, we could see that the bulls were definitely gaining strength. Most of those bullish picks that I recommended several days ago have done very well. I wasn't expecting anyone to be in all of them, but hopefully you were able to make some money on some of them. If so, please send me the success story and I'll post it on the blog. We are still in shaky economic times, but we are also entering a more bullish time of the year in the markets. Earnings are coming up next week. Those earnings should give us a better idea of what to expect over the next few months. The market is a bit overbought in the short term and could possibly move sideways or drop a bit this week. This is why I don't feel the need to chase it right here. There are two patterns I like, but they are both still a bit below their 50 day MA. I like calls on SLV and GLD...at least for the short term. That could expand to a longer term trend outlook if they keep breaking above resistance levels. Short term target on SLV is about $38. On GLD it's about $152 to $153. I also liked the breakout pattern on HAL after a three month sideways correction. Initial target is about $58.

No comments:

Post a Comment