Tuesday, April 5, 2011

IT'S ALL ABOUT GOLD.....AND SILVER

Gold looked like it was ready to break out. I hope you got in last Friday (or yesterday) when I recommended calls on the GLD. If you missed today's move, you should still get a chance to trade it. I think that the GLD will move above $145 or $146 (at a minimum) within the next week...maybe two. I also don't see any major pullback in the market happening any time soon. Now I understand that market conditions can always deteriorate very quickly, but I just don't see anything on the horizon that will topple it. Maybe earning season could cause a reversal (if the news is bad), but that doesn't really get going until April 18th. Alcoa reports on the 11th to kick off earnings season, but then there is a lull for about a week. I still can't believe the market shook off the negative events in March. I just don't see anything bigger than that on the horizon. The Dow, Russell 2000, and the Dow Transports have all moved above the February high. The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq are still below it. This leads me to believe that the overall market should continue to rise...at least until both of those indexes have eclipsed their February highs. Here are some other patterns that look like they are either getting ready to break out, or they have already started to breakout. These are bullish trades. I like CHK, SLW, CDE, WLT, IVN, CMG, CLF, NOV, HES, DNR, VLO, APKT, TSP, LAD, and SU. I also like APL, SWC, ICO, and USO. I like EOG on this latest pullback, but that could be considered a riskier trade since it is still pretty far above its 50 day MA. KSU also looks like it is getting ready for another run up. I recognize that most of you can't get into all of these trades at once (I'm not in all of them), but you can at least paper trade all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment