Monday, April 25, 2011

UPDATE

I'm still fighting a cold that I've had for the past two weeks, so this update will be brief. The market paused today....not up much and not down much. The three big commodity trades (oil, gold, and silver) all had bearish reversal price patterns today. They still need confirmation, but don't be surprised if they sell off soon. This will create another opportunity to get in, so I don't mind a sell off. The Dow was down 26 points, but the Dow Transportation Index was up about 20 points. This is good news for the continuation of the uptrend. The Transports can often be a leading indicator for the overall market. There are still more earnings to come out this week. So far, the earning reports haven't shown a very predictable pattern. They are all over the place. If you are playing a trade on an earnings report, please understand that the trade is likely a gamble. I'm not going to tell you not to trade earnings, only to realize that they are high risk trades right now. There have been some great reports that have resulted in big sell offs...and visa versa. I don't have any picks tonight, but I should have some as soon as I see some patterns that I like. CAT and DD, from last week, pulled back a bit today and gave you another chance to get in...although if they drift below their 10 day MA tomorrow, you might want to wait until they start going back up. APKT continues to look strong and closed at a new high today. Thank you for the success stories that you have sent in.

No comments:

Post a Comment