Thursday, June 23, 2011

I SURVIVED!

I survived the surgery, but I'm not feeling very good right now...as you could imagine. I'm a little drugged up on the pain medication, but I felt compelled to try to get a posting out before tomorrow. From my very brief analysis of the market today, it looks like it could be a possible bottom. Note what I said in the last posting about having plenty of time to trade a bullish trend if it develops. Don't get overly aggressive here. There were some very nice bullish engulfing patterns on many stocks today and the volume was strong...a key part to the effectiveness of the engulfing pattern. I will list just a few that I saw. There are probably many more. Not all of these are going with the trend, but they do represent very good counter trend trades...especially since many of them are a decent distance from their 50 day MA. Those stocks are: AAPL, CMG, VMW, APKT, NFLX, WLT, CLF, LAD, AMZN, and EQIX. I also still like CAT, DE, WYNN, DD, ALTR, NSC, and EP. These are all bullish recommendations, but I will still urge you not to put too much of your capital at risk right here...and I prefer the bullish engulfing patterns for at least a short term pop. I would put stops below today's (Thursday) low on all of these stocks. If these stocks are starting a new move up, you will be able to add new positions along the way. If the sellers get back in control after today's move, look out! Things could get really ugly to the downside...but we could trade that too if that happens. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it, Jerry! Hope you are feeling 100% again really soon.

    Terence & Davida

    ReplyDelete