Friday, September 9, 2011

SUCCESS STORY...KIND OF

WARNING, beware of wading in without training.
My first two trades had different outcomes. I jumped in with both feet on July 15th without any training yet, just reading the blog. I started out with two trades. I bought SLV and GFI puts. My GFI netted me 29.36%. But as a warning to others, I did not get enough time on my SLV put and lost it all before SLV finally turned down. So my 100% loss more than took me out of profitability. My own eagerness to jump in without any training cost me. A lesson well learned.
Again on July 18th I had better luck when you mentioned "SINA had a bullish engulfing candlestick pattern today" Being fearless or foolish I jumped in again without training. However I did take your advice to use the Aug 120/125 bull call spread. Things went well with the trade until Aug 25th when the market rolled over and nose dived. I had no stop loss so did not sell my 120 call until it had lost 88% of value. However since I had the sold call, I was almost even. I then took a chance to sell more calls in the last week and turned this trade into a winner in the end. It gained a total of 46.38%.
I got lucky on the end of this trade by gambling. NOT by training from Jerry. I am now slowing down and following the excellent training I get from Jerry. I have some fantastic numbers to post on FAZ, but I will save that for another day.

Mr. Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment